Full-time salary: £28,850 to £33,500
The South-East District of the Methodist Church has over 10,000 members in over 200 churches that are grouped together in 19 circuits. We are a group of Christian disciples within the Methodist tradition who live in the counties of Kent, East and West Sussex, parts of Surrey, Berkshire and Hampshire. We also have churches in Malta and Gibraltar.
The Safeguarding Officer will work closely with the District Chair in providing leadership for good safeguarding practice throughout the churches and Circuits of the District. This is achieved through complying with the policies and strategies of the Methodist Church; adhering to legal requirements on matters to do with safeguarding; developing good practice and effective training; providing advice concerning responses to queries; and undertaking risk assessments in individual cases.
You will need to have:
- a degree or equivalent in a relevant field (Child Care, Social Work, Psychology, Health, Probation, Police, Education etc);
- relevant professional training;
- appreciation of the way in which safeguarding needs to be implemented within the context of the Methodist Church;
- experience of working with volunteers;
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- sympathy with the ethos of the Methodist Church.
28 hours per week worked flexibly, including evenings and occasional weekends. In addition, up to 7 hours per week for the preparation and delivery of training.
For an application pack please contact Wendy Cory at [email protected]
Closing date for applications: 30th March 2017
Interview date: 12th April 2017 in Crawley.