Further to the message below, Jane Baird has sent the following update:-
I am pleased to let you know that the GDPR guidance for churches is now on the URC website https://urc.org.uk/GDPR.html. There is a button on the front page to take you straight to the resources.
From Jane Baird, Deputy General Secretary (Administration & Resources) at Church House:
I know that many people are seeking guidance regarding the new general Data Protection Regulations which will come into force in May 2018. Please see below regarding guidance to be issued from Church House.
It is our intention to publish GDPR advice and materials specifically designed for churches at the end of January 2018. This will be made available through the URC website. Those materials will contain:
* A template privacy notice;
* A checklist to guide you towards achieving good data protection practice;
* A list of tips and hints;
* A template consent form.
In the meantime for those people anxious to start the work required there are plenty of excellent resources available online.
The information Commissioners Office https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/ has straightforward information and particularly 2 guides available to download and or use:
- Preparing for the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) – 12steps to take now https://ico.org.uk/media/1624219/preparing-for-the-gdpr-12-steps.pdf
- Getting ready for the GDPR https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/resources-and-support/data-protection-self-assessment/getting-ready-for-the-gdpr/
The Church of England also has good resources on its Parish Resources website: www.parishresources.org.uk/gdpr