DDC DBS Training
Are you a DBS Verifier in your Church?
Do you want to know more about what the DDC do?
Are you unsure about how to complete the DBS process for a worker in your Church?
Would you like to know the answer to common questions related to DBS checking?
The DDC are hosting a Free training to address all of these questions and more!
12pm 4th September
12pm 2nd October
12pm 15th October
This session will be held via Zoom for 1 hour and has limited capacity.
To book your place, please email Belinda Nielsen, synod safeguarding Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
NEW URC ONLINE BASIC SAFEGUARDING TRAINING
Are you in need of Safeguarding Training?
Are you a Safeguarding lead for your Church?
The newly formulated URC Safeguarding training has been developed to suit the current government restrictions without compromising on the important information that we need to be aware of to keep adults at risk and children safe from abuse and uphold Church as a Safe Place.
This training has now been made mandatory for the following workers: Synod Safeguarding Officers and Advisers, Church Safeguarding Coordinators and their Deputies, Members of the Safeguarding Advisory Group, Active Ministers, including Synod Moderators and retired ministers who meet the requirements of active ministry, Youth/Children/Adult/Pastoral Workers, Synod Clerks, Section O Investigation, Commission and Appeal Panel Members, Worship leaders, Lay preachers, Pastoral visitors, URC trustees, synod trustees, and Elders as local church trustees.
- Tuesday 26th January 2021 at 7pm (BASIC) 11 places
- Friday 5th February 2021 at 6pm (INTERMEDIATE) 4 places
- Monday 15th February 2021 at 10am (BASIC) 21 places
- Tuesday 23rd February 2021 at 12pm (BASIC) 4 places
- Tuesday 2nd March 2021 at 7pm (BASIC) 25 places
- Tuesday 23rd March 2021 at 12pm (BASIC) 23 places
- Tuesday 6th April 2021 at 6:30pm (INTERMEDIATE) 6 places
*Attendance at the intermediate training requires completion of the BASIC course first.
To book on to this training, please email your name, church and preferred date to email@example.com
Mobile : 07716640596
Mental Health Webinar available Friday 19th March and Friday 26th March
Time: 1pm – 4:30pm
Topic areas will include:
- Recognising common mental health conditions.
- The impact of trauma on mental health and wellbeing.
- Alcohol, drug, and behavioural addictions.
- Recognising neglect and grooming behaviour.
- Supporting people through crises.
- Self-Care: faith and spirituality, self-compassion, and psychological tools.