This is a 2 session synod-run course available to and recommended for lay people seeking to be authorised by their Pastoral Committee to preside at the Sacraments. Successful completion of the course is a requirement for anyone seeking authorisation for the first time. The aim of the course is that, by the end, students should have:
- An understanding of the place of symbols in worship
- An understanding of the N.T. context from which our present sacraments have been developed
- Knowledge of the Reformed – and U.R.C. – understanding of the sacraments.
- Explored the significance of the material and actions in the traditional (ecumenical) order of service.
- Considered practical arrangements and preparation for leading worship and presiding at the sacraments.
- and gained confidence in selecting and structuring and leading an order of service with which they and their congregations will be comfortable.
The format is flexible and can usually be tailored to fit local circumstances. Courses are run at regular intervals. For further information, please contact Andy Twilley.
Page last updates 13 March 2022