Listed Buildings

If your church premises are Listed and you need to carry out any replacement (even if you think it is like-for-like) or alteration to the fabric of the building, contact the Synod Property Officer first.  He will advise you as to whether an application needs to be made to the Listed Buildings Advisory Committee (LBAC) for approval of the work.  If it does, the Property Officer will send you a Form 1 to complete.

You should have an up-to-date Statement of Significance that describes your building.  This will be required if you need to make any significant alteration to the building.

You will also have to submit a Statement of Need with your application to the LBAC for approval of any alteration.