Full time, seven-year termed appointment
Salary: Minister’s stipend
(Nominations/applications will be considered for those not able to fulfil the full term)
General Assembly wishes to appoint a United Reformed Church minister to serve as Southern Synod Moderator
from a date no later than 1 September 2020.
The Synod seeks a collaborative leader to take it forward as it continues to engage in God’s mission through its Synod and
United Areas and varied patterns of ministry. The appointed person will be especially enthusiastic to:
• work with synod colleagues to facilitate clarity about priorities and to encourage creativity and new ideas about being church;
• nurture a sense of community and coherence across the Synod by clear communication and leadership to ministers, churches,
officers, committees, synod staff and the synod trust company;
• ensure the development and implementation of an appropriate strategy for the deployment of ministry;
• take overall responsibility for ensuring, with Synod/United Area Pastoral Committees, that the Synod is pastorally effective;
• represent the Synod to the wider Church and the wider Church to the Synod.
An information pack and application form can be found on the Jobs page of the website: www.urc.org.uk/vacancies
If you wish to nominate a minister for this post, please write to Deepti Upadhyaya at firstname.lastname@example.org by 1 March 2020
If you wish to apply for this post, please complete an application form and send it to:
Deepti Upadhyaya at email@example.com by 12 noon, Thursday 9 April 2020
Human Resources Office, the United Reformed Church, 86 Tavistock Place, London WC1H 9RT 020 7691 9871
Interview date: Friday 15 May 2020
In accordance with the Equalities Act 2010 Part 1; Schedule 9, there is a genuine occupational requirement for the post holder to be a Minister of Word and Sacraments of the United Reformed Church.
This post is also subject to an enhanced DBS check.