To support pastorates in maintaining their church buildings, including listed churches, there is an Annual Church Building Maintenance Grant of up to £2,000 towards the expenses of repairs and maintenance.
To claim the grant, please send a letter or email to the Property Administrator at the Synod Office or at [email protected], enclosing or attaching the receipted invoice(s).
The following items cannot be claimed:
– Annual servicing of Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning (HVAC) equipment
– Electrical installation testing and PAT testing
– Lightning rod maintenance
– Annual fire equipment servicing
– Major alterations, improvements and redevelopments
– Cleaning, caretaker and maintenance contracts
– Buildings insurance
Any unclaimed grant in one year may be carried forward into the next year, but not into subsequent years.
A more detailed explanation on how the grant works can be found in this guide to the General Church Building Maintenance Grant 2022.