Southern Synod of the United Reformed Church
seeks to appoint a Property Administrator.
Based in Croydon working across South London, Surrey, Kent and Sussex.
Salary: £25,000 -£30,000 depending on experience and qualifications.
Full-time post of 37.5 hours per week.
We are looking for: An individual with a passion for helping churches fulfil their mission through their properties. A surveyor or person with general knowledge of property management including experience in construction, with a pastoral heart and ability to work within a team including volunteers.
The post holder will assist the Synod Property Officer in the general management of all property matters on behalf of the Synod Trust including:
• Assisting and supporting local churches in the management of property including lettings, maintenance and minor works.
• To manage the day to day operation of the Synod Manse Policy.
• Maintaining suitable record management for all capital, facilities management and property service activities.
• Day to day support and advice to churches for legal, statutory, and regulatory requirements.
• Arranging for regular surveys of Church Manses and other Synod owned properties including Quinquennial surveys.
A willingness to work within the Christian ethos of the United Reformed Church is essential.
The post holder will be based in the Synod Office in East Croydon. Regular travel will be expected including site visits to churches, manses and sites within the Synod as required.
If you are interested in working for us and can meet all of the above requirements please contact
Lauren Kane, the Synod Clerk’s PA and Office Administrator
Email: email@example.com Telephone: 020 8688 3730
for an application form or download from the Documents Library on the Synod Website
(You may send a CV with a covering letter in addition to filling the application form.)
Closing date for applications: 12 noon, Thursday 31 May 2018.
Interview date: Thursday 21 June 2018.