Nominations for the 2018 London Faith & Belief Community Awards close in just three weeks, and we need your help to identify worthy projects!
Our annual awards ceremony recognises the vital work of local communities in making London a more welcoming place for people of all faiths and beliefs. In 2017, celebrated 40 faith and non-religious belief based projects with awards of £500 for their inspirational work and this year we want to celebrate more!
London’s diverse and vibrant population powers over 24,000 voluntary organisations, many of these organisations are local community projects which draw on their faith or belief as motivation for their community work. F&BF believes this work needs to be celebrated and supported now more than ever. This is where you come in!
As a key stakeholder in local community life, it is likely you know about excellent initiatives in your borough that deserve recognition for building bridges between Londoners of all faiths and beliefs. Could you please take a few minutes to consider nominating a project using this brief nomination form? This year, we are especially interested in work that focuses on:
* Interfaith relations
* Peace and reconciliation
* Promoting inclusion
* Faith and creative arts
* Improving access to services
* Health and wellbeing
The criteria for nominations is as follows:
* Nominees should be based in Greater London.
* The nomination must identify an initiative that works at the local level to increase social inclusion within London’s diverse communities.
* Nominees should work with groups from different faiths or none, to build bridges and impact on increasing life chances or wellbeing. The project may work across communities or within their own community (i.e. be single or multi-faith initiatives)
* The project may be driven by a certain faith or non-religious belief. We welcome nominations from faith based and secular projects.
For more information and to nominate a project, please go to our website and complete the short nomination form<http://bit.ly/FBFawards>.
Self-nominations for all categories are welcome and all entries of the correct length will be considered. The information you submit may be used for PR purposes and we may contact you for more information.
Nominations close on: 16th July 2018
Self-nominations for all categories are welcome, so please share this opportunity with your networks!
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Thank you for your support in recognising the vital work of local faith and belief communities.
With best wishes,
This event is proudly supported by Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenant of Greater London’s Council on Faith
The Faith & Belief Forum