131 Repton Road,
Kent BR6 9HY
Tel: 01689 878699
- Is committed to looking for new opportunities for being the church in the geographical area of the Synod.
- Is committed to supporting and resourcing the local churches to be faithful followers of Jesus Christ.
- Is committed to caring pastorally for its local churches, ministers and staff.
- Is committed to supporting and resourcing local churches to provide relevant, inspiring and engaging worship.
- Is committed to being aware of the economic, political and social context of life in Southern England and will seek to help local churches address the implications of these issues for their life and work.
- Is committed to the proper care and administration of its resources through its personnel, finances and buildings.
- Is committed to the wider church of God through the United Reformed Church nationally, ecumenical relationships and the world church.
- Is committed to addressing issues of justice, peace and the environment.
- Is committed to regularly reviewing its life and mission in light of the above criteria always seeing the prompting and guidance of the Holy Spirit.
Fresh Expressions encourages new forms of church for a fast changing world, working with Christians from a variety of denominations and traditions. The initiative has resulted in hundreds of new congregations being formed alongside more traditional churches. Please link to this website for further information –
- ReJesus –
- Journeys Kit –
- London Institute of Contemporary Christianity –
- Biblefresh –
- Aslan Christian Books –
- How to Explain Your Faith –
John Pritchard – ISBN 9780281057085
Available from all good book stores
“Is Christianity for those who can’t get a life? What use is a dying God? Why is the Church so naff? If you’ve faced questions like these and felt tongue-
- Growing Disciples –
www.congregational.org.uk/resources- for- churches/growing- disciples
Everybody Welcome by Bob Jackson
Church House Publishing
Everybody Welcome is the complete course to transform your church by improving your approach to newcomers.
In five teaching sessions, it will help you review your attitudes to newcomers, learn new approaches and identify areas of improvement and change.
The course comes in three different parts, all designed to complement each other and ensure that everybody feels welcome in your church:
- The Leaders’ Manual –
contains five sessions of material, with leaders’ notes, background notes and checklists to help you identify areas for change in your church.
- The Members’ Manual –
provides preparatory material for the course, as well as summaries of each session. Designed to be used by each individual participant.
- The DVD –
essential video content to enhance the course, designed to be used in conjunction with the leaders’ manual.
This is more than just a smile and a hand shake at the door! It is an opportunity to look afresh at how your church can engage the local community who visit the church.
By Chine Mbubaegbu
Looking for fresh inspiration for your walk with God? Here’s a range of discipleship courses available.
- Freedom in Christ by Neil T Anderson and Steve Goss
- The Apprentice Series by James Brian Smith
- Square Mile by Evangelical Alliance
- Discipleship Explored by Good Book Company
- Ellel 365 by Ellel Ministries
- Change the World by Mike Slaughter
- Just People
Biblical Resoures to help churches engage with features of the contemporary world
Written by Graham Adams
- Engaging with context: knowing where you are
- Transforming conversations with the Bible: more light and truth
- Engaging with culture: believing in a scientific age
- Transforming mission: being good news today
- Engaging with citizenship: faith in the public realm
- Transforming worship: dreaming wide awake
Proclaiming Grace in the Year of Luke
Written by Tom Arthur
The Year of the Lord’s Favor: Proclaiming Grace in the Year of Luke, is commentary on the texts of the Revised Common Lectionary that is contextualized, politically engaged and unflinchingly honest. Comfort is cruel if it is based on an illusion. These reflections connect honestly and realistically with the ordinary circumstances of experience. They encourage the twenty-
Written by Revd Dr Peter Stevenson
As a result of the research and writing of The Healing Beyond the Miracle there are a number of presentations that can be offered around the subjects of biblical interpretation and the healing ministry.
These can be adapted as a short taster session ideal for a fellowship meeting or a 60 – 90 minute study. They can also be developed into one-